Chicken Avocado Burgers! Ground chicken with fresh chunks of avocado mixed right into the burger before grilling!
This is really a one of a kind burger! The avocado is mixed right into the ground chicken and becomes all warm and soft…it’s a burger bomb that’s super healthy and delicious!
Why we love these Chicken Avocado Burgers!
- grill indoor or out
- super easy to make with simple ingredients, just the way we love it around here!
- the avocado gets all warm and soft when cooked inside the burger and lifts it to a whole new level of flavor. Who doesn’t love avocado!
- Paleo and Whole30 – this burger is a clean eating machine!
This has turned out to be the most viewed post on our blog…to say I didn’t see that coming is an understatement. The reason for its popularity is because it is so Paleo and Whole30 friendly, not to mention super easy.
How to make Chicken Avocado Burgers!
- I usually cook these on a grill pan indoors, it helps keep the meat moist…but you can certainly grill these outdoors. Just be careful not to overcook. I love this Grill Pan!
- When mixing the avocados and forming the patties – go gently to keep the avocado chunks intact. Using a more firm avocado will help as well.
- These will keep for several days in your fridge. I have frozen them as well, and the avocado holds up really great! Wrap individually and store in a freezer-safe ziplock bag.
- Great add-in is chopped Poblano (for a little heat) or chopped Jalapeno (for more heat!)
- Nutrition info is based on Panko crumbs.
Can I use ground turkey in place for the ground chicken?
- Yes, and a lot of comments say it’s great! But ground all breast meat is dry. It is. Can’t change it. The avocado helps but fat-free turkey tastes like fat-free turkey. We recommend a blend of 93/7 ground turkey if you can’t find a ground chicken.